The New England Chapter held its last program of the 2016–2017 year on June 21 in Waltham, Massachusetts to thank the volunteers who made the year possible.
The dinner meeting was held at the Copper House Tavern in Waltham, Massachusetts. During the formal part of the evening, Chapter President Paul Duarte reviewed the year’s activities, including programs, Scribbling Tipplers socials, InterChange, the News website and social-media postings, and the mentoring program.
Paul also thanked the volunteers who contributed to the Chapter this year, without whose efforts these activities would not have happened:
- Emily Alfson: InterChange coordinator, Council member
- Nancy Allison: Chapter Immediate Past President
- Krista Canwell: mentor
- Regina DeAngelo: mentor
- Mark Decker: Council member, student outreach coordinator
- Jason Dickey: Chapter Treasurer
- Stan Doherty: mentor
- Paul Duarte: Chapter President, News contributor
- Liz Fraley: mentor
- John Garison: mentor
- Pam Gilday: mentor
- Karen Giventer: program presenter
- Steve Greffenius: Chapter Secretary, program presenter, News contributor
- Leon Ha: News associate editor
- Steve Jong: Council member, mentor coordinator, News managing editor
- Pretty Kumble: Council member
- Kim Lacerte: mentor
- Taryn Light: mentor
- Ed Marshall: program presenter
- Sheila McBride: mentor
- Jack Molisani: program presenter, News contributor, mentor
- Neil Perlin: program presenter, mentor
- Pam Sarantos: Chapter Treasurer
- John Sgammato: mentor
- Jennifer Sheils: social media coordinator
- Fred Wersan: mentor
The Chapter will be on hiatus over the summer, but the newly elected Council will hold a planning meeting in August to decide on activities for next year. Paul reminded us that volunteers are still needed for both Council and the other activities, and asked anyone interested in helping to contact him.
Have a great summer!